Michelle's Place

Friday, October 13, 2006



So on Tuesday I was at work in a class when Nell (co-worker) walks in the Activity Room....towards me, I knew something was up. She said "your husband called and said your son was hit by a car". Of course everything bad I could think of went through my mind: is he in a coma? does he have broken bones from head to toe?is he dead or alive ? I don't think straight, yet at the same time I remain calm. So I call home as I am gathering my purse and keys and MarleeRae. Jim gave it to me straight. Joses was on his Pocket bike and he drove it into a heavy duty, parked truck. So I felt a tiny, just a tiny, bit of relief. Jim said he looked away for a second and then heard Joses calling for him. Jim saw him laying helplessly under the truck. So that afternoon Joses threw up and slept (FYI it is okay to sleep if you have hit your head really hard. OLD WIVES TALE: don't let the patient fall asleep, they may never wake. When you have an adventurous boy and have been at the ER more than once, you learn these things) for a few hours, woke up, threw up some more and then felt little bit better. The next day he was back to himself-running around, wrestling, bouncing, and teasing. But let me just say how grateful I am for the power of prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We weren't sure if we needed to take him to the ER. A co-worker of mine called to check on Joses. I told her of all the symptoms and she said "aren't you going to take hime to the hospital?!"
"No, we prayed about and we feel he is going to be fine."
Pause.
"Does your husband feel the same way?"
"Yep."
"Well, you are his mother, you know what's best."
She is non LDS and probably thought I was a wacko (which is probably true). Wacko or not, the Holy Ghost speaks to all of us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Meggan said...

Wow, that's terrible. So, he just ran into the car instead of being hit by a car? What is a pocket bike?

I'm glad Joses is okay and that it wasn't more than a lot of bumps and bruises. When Bree had to get stitches, they told us to not let her sleep. Every doctor seems to have different advice, huh? We are so blessed to have the Holy Ghost.

3:32 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Right, the truck was park, thankfully. A pocket bike is a really small electric motorcycle-like kid size, but adults can ride it too (up to 200 lbs.).

9:02 PM  
Blogger Silly Teacher said...

Poor guy! I'm glad he's ok!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

You hardly can see a scar anymore. I had no idea that it looked so bad. He must be pretty tough!

9:37 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Meggan, when did bree get stitches? What happened?

3:27 PM  
Blogger KASEY said...

Wow, you must have been so scared when you got that phone call. I'm glad he's okay! Amanda made all the kids in the neighborhood come look at the blog so she could show them what happened to her poor little cousin!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Meggan said...

Bree was jumping on the bed and split her forhead open right above her eye. She had to get 10 stitches. You can see the scar still, but hopefully it will fade.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home